A muffin is not a cupcake. A MUFFIN IS NOT A CUPCAKE! A cup cake is jut a cup-cake, cake in a cup but a muffin is made totally different with it's own technique, method, make up.
The good thing about muffins (especially for diets) is that they use more liquid and less fat, also, muffins don't rely on sugar to soften it like a cake so you can sweeten it to your liking.
I had a craving for strawberries so I made a strawberry yogurt muffin.
Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
Stawberry Yogurt - 250g (about 1 cup)
Stawberries - one box
Sugar - 50g (1/5 cup) + to taste
Flour - 180g (about 3/4)
Egg - 85g (1 large)
Butter - 30g (2 tablespoons)
Baking Powder 15g (1 tablespoon)
Baking Soda - 5g (1 teaspoon)
Salt - 5g (1 teaspoon)
Vanilla - 5-10g (1-2 teaspoon, depending on how much you like vanilla)
1. Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
2. Dice strawberries
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
4. Melt butter, mix with yogurt, eggs, and vanilla, add sugar to your liking but should be sweeter than you'll like cause the flour will balance it out
5. Add dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until the flour is incorporated BUT NO MORE THAN THAT!!!
6. Fold in diced strawberries
7. Put in muffin tins and put in oven until you poke a toothpick into a muffin and it comes out dry
Here's a blurry picture of the inside: