Part One: Appetizers
Part Two: Mains and Sides
Yes folks! What you've all been waiting for! A good ole' slice of pumpkin pie. Well the picture could be better but this was when I just started using the camera.
(I'm trying to distract you with sexy James Mcavoy)
Servings: 1 pie
Pie dough: 225g (recipe found here)
Pumkin: 1/2 a small sized baking pumpkin (200g)
Evaporated milk: 100ml
Cloves: 1 1/2 teaspoon
Allspice: 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
Nutmeg: 1 teaspoon
Egg: 1 large
Brown sugar: 100g (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cut and gut one half of the pumpkin.
2. Rub some oil on it, put the pumpkin on a pan and into the oven, middle rack.
3. In the meantime, shape the pie dough in the pan and blind bake (which means bake the pie crust first), seen here
4. When the pumpkin is soft, take it out and turn down the oven to 275
5. Scoop out all the pumpkin flesh, add the spices, milk and sugar and blend in a food processor (or mash it with a fork)
6. Add the egg.
7. Add the pumpkin mixture into the pie crust, bake it in a shallow water bath. Bake until the mixture is set, like custard.
8. Let it cool before even attempting to cut it.
So there you have it! My whole thanksgiving meal. It was a bit tiring but something quite rewarding making a meal and sharing it with your closest friends. And by sharing I mean showing off. Also you can make a long ass blog post about it. Priorities...
But all in all it was a fun night and when you get to eat your delicious food and hang out with friends...you forget about the meltdown you had 24 hours prior.
Can't wait till Christmas!