Saturday, April 24, 2010

Going Off Tangent

I have a new mission! I think I've gain quite a bit too much weight lately so I'm trying to lose it...and instead of starving myself like an idiot I'm going to eat my weight off. Not like diet pills or anything, just good to honest nice, balanced meals with more vegetables and some what less fat.

So for the next while, I'm going to focus on more healthful food so to say though I don't want to label it that cause it usually means "inferior tasteless cardboard and you might as well kill me now".

NO! I'm going to make things that you actually want to put in your mouth! So no steamed vegetables or boiled to death chicken breast. Just flavorful, filling, satisfying food. Now lets get this shit started.

Something easy: a sandwich.

Photobucket

Avocado and Tuna Sandwich. It was actually a byproduct of me trying to make this sardine toast by Alton Brown but I was missing...um, everything but avocadoes, and especially the sardines (it's in the freaking name!) cause my mother ate them. But I had tuna and it's a fish too! I like the more fishiness of sardines cause avocadoes really mellow out the fishy taste but it still tasted fabulous.

And I shall now attempt to write out a recipe:

Ingredients
Avocados - 2, medium sized
Tuna - 1 can
Tomatoes - 1
Bread - 4 slices, whole wheat
Salt and pepper - to taste

Instructions
1. Pour out any water from the tuna, dump tuna into a bowl and using a fork, break them into pieces
2. Cut avocadoes in half and take out the pit (just hit the blade of your knife on it so it gets lodged in and twist, or you can use a spoon), using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and add it to the tuna
3. Using the fork, mix and mash the avocado with the tuna till well intergrated
4. Salt and pepper it till it's a bit more seasoned than youjavascript:void(0)'ll like (only a little, the bread and tomato will balance it out)
5. Toast bread, and slice the tomatoes, spread the avocado-tuna mix onto one side, add slices of tomato and put the other slice of bread

Photobucket

See? Don't even really need a recipe. This sandwich is really healthy since while you do need fat for your body to run we eat too much bad fat (that tastes amazingly good) but avocado is fatty but gives you good fat (monosaturated and polyunsaturated) and for the tuna, it gives you vitamin D like nothing else. Also whoever said carbs are bad, it's a bunch of bullshit, you do need carbs but white flour and shit are very refined so they don't really give much nutritional value unlike whole grains. It's not as fine and fluffy but it tastes more complex than just white bread. And the tomato...it's a fucking tomato, of course it's healthy!

And I do highly recommend you try Alton Brown's recipe, because I love sardines. Not only do they have low mercury levels but they are plentiful, not endangered, and can be farmed like crazy without any terrible repercussions!

http://joyciel.livejournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment